Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"Owl Creek Bridge"

I liked the story. I didn't see that ending coming, until the second to last paragraph where he is talking about making it home and seeing his wife. It felt like a scene from a dream, his wife comes to meet him on a beautiful day with the clothing blowing in the wind. At that point, I figured he must be dreaming, unconscious, or dead. I think the author chose to write the story this way because: it makes for a more interesting ending, catches you off guard. Or it could also be saying don't try to mess with people when you know the consequences. It could also certainly be something completely different. I personally like to add a twist to most of the fictional stories I write, so I can relate to this story in that sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment